Did you know the mineral deposits water leaves on your coffee maker can alter your favorite hot cup’s taste and damage your coffee maker? Besides, the buildup can also be a breeding ground for mold and bacteria that can affect your health. For these reasons, you must learn how to clean a Braun coffee maker even if you have a Braun coffee maker manual. For now, do this:
Fill the pot with a commercial descaling agent, water, and white vinegar mixture or water and dishwashing detergent. Run a complete brew cycle on your coffee maker, before rinsing it thoroughly with complete clean water cycles.
Table of Contents
- Step-by-Step Guides on How to Clean a Braun Coffee Maker
- How to Descale Your Braun Coffee Maker with a Descaling Agent
- How to Clean a Braun Coffee Maker with Vinegar
- Cleaning the Braun Coffee Maker Pot and Mesh with Dishwashing Detergent
- Cleaning Your Braun Coffee Maker Carafe with Rice Water
- When Should You Clean Your Braun Coffee Maker?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Step-by-Step Guides on How to Clean a Braun Coffee Maker
When cleaning your coffee maker, focus on a wholesome wash rather than spot cleaning. Here are three easy ways to do that.
How to Descale Your Braun Coffee Maker with a Descaling Agent
Braun recommends using the Braun Descaling Solution to remove the mineral buildup in your coffee maker. Here’s a simple-to-follow procedure for that.
- Remove the water filter on your coffee maker.
- Place the empty cafe on the keep warm plate on your machine.
- Pour in the cleaning solution, then press the CLEAN button. The green LED above the button will start flashing. Please note that you can’t stop this process once it’s started.
- Press the BREW button to start the descaling process. Wait until the LED turns off, indicating your process is complete.
- Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the carafe with clean water. To do this, fill it with clean water, then brew two complete cycles to flush out the cleaning agent residue. Use clean water for each cycle.
How to Clean a Braun Coffee Maker with Vinegar
You can use a vinegar solution (pictured above) if you don’t have a commercial descaling agent. The good news is that you only need two basic ingredients: water and white vinegar.
Follow this process when cleaning a Braun coffee maker using vinegar:
- Mix water and vinegar in equal portions. To clean a 12-cup coffee maker, mix six cups of water with six cups of white vinegar.
- Remove the filter bracket and the filter holder from the carafe.
- Pour in the water and vinegar solution, then press the CLEAN button.
- Press the BREW button, and let the machine run a complete brewing cycle. The brew and clean buttons will go off once the process is complete.
- Empty the carafe and refill it with clean water.
- Run another brew cycle to rinse out the vinegar.
- Repeat this cycle until your Braun coffee maker no longer has the smell or taste of vinegar.
- Replace the filter bracket and holder.
Cleaning the Braun Coffee Maker Pot and Mesh with Dishwashing Detergent
A dishwashing detergent works the same magic in cleaning your Braun coffee maker as any other recommended cleaning option.
However, use a dishwashing detergent with a mild fragrance, so it’s easy to rinse out. You wouldn’t want your coffee to smell like roses, would you?
- Pour a water and detergent solution into your carafe.
- Switch on the Clean and BREW buttons on your Braun coffee maker.
- Let the machine brew full cycle for a thorough clean.
- When both the brew and clean buttons switch off, pour out the solution.
- Rinse the carafe with two complete brewing cycles of clean water. You can use more cycles if need be.
NB: You can also clean your coffee maker in your dishwasher as long as you follow the instructions in the user manual. Alternatively, clean the carafe manually with a nylon bush and a dishwashing solution. Remember to rinse out the detergent thoroughly with clean water.
Cleaning Your Braun Coffee Maker Carafe with Rice Water
Rice water is a great natural cleaning agent that will give your Braun coffee maker the same thorough cleaning as any other cleaning solution.
- Fill your carafe with warm water, then add a few rice grains.
- Leave to soak for an hour, then pour out the mixture.
- Rinse your carafe thoroughly with clean water, then dry with paper towels.
When Should You Clean Your Braun Coffee Maker?
Ideally, you should clean your Braun coffee maker at least once a month. However, this could be more frequent depending on the hardness of your tap water or how frequently you use your coffee machine.
The clean button will light up when there’s a mineral buildup in your machine. However, you don’t always have to wait for this indicator. If you feel it’s time to clean your coffee maker, go ahead and clean it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do you self-clean a Braun coffee maker?
A: You can self-clean a Braun coffee maker with a descaling solution, water, and vinegar solution, or a water and detergent solution. Simply fill the carafe with either of the solutions, run a full brewing cycle and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Q: What does the clean button do on the Braun coffee maker?
A: The clean button lights up when there’s a mineral buildup in your machine. It also goes off when to alert you when the cleaning process is complete.
Q: How do I remove the taste of vinegar after cleaning my Braun coffee maker?
A: Rinse your Braun coffee maker thoroughly with clean water. Run as many clean water brewing cycles as necessary to remove the taste of vinegar.
Q: How do I remove buildup from a coffee maker?
A: Remove buildup from a coffee maker by descaling with a commercial solution or using a water and vinegar solution.
Q; Can I use vinegar to clean Braun coffee maker?
A: Absolutely! You can use vinegar to clean your Braun coffee maker. However, only use it in its diluted form.
Q: Can vinegar ruin a coffee maker?
A: Surprisingly, vinegar can ruin a coffee maker if used without diluting it first. Always dilute white vinegar with equal portions of water when cleaning your coffee maker.
If you want to keep enjoying a tasteful cup of coffee every time you make one, you must learn how to clean a Braun coffee maker. You can clean the machine with a commercial descaling agent, water and vinegar solution, or a water and dishwashing detergent solution. You can also use rice water to clean the carafe.
Remember to rinse the machine thoroughly with clean water after every wash. Work with light fragrances on your cleaning agents, so they’re easier to rinse. You can even dilute them first to reduce the smell.